Saturday, June 2, 2012

Sad Days (rough draft)


Sad Days
05/31/2012

Watching for you from the corner of my eye,
All the time, 24/7, non-stop.
I’m more paranoid than ever,
Cause of the damage we’ve done to each other.

Pre-Chorus:
The stakes are high,
The adrenaline flows,
The drama continues,
A part of me wants it to end,
But most of me wants it to continue,
Cause it gives me a rush…

Chorus 1:
An innocent little accident
To my worst enemy
Can be my very best friend.
You pushing me down the stairs
Did not break me, or deform me,
It only turned me into a monster.

So guilty over what I’ve done,
I was paid to commit the crime
Against humanity.
It wasn’t just for the money,
You destroyed my friends, my family,
My career, my everything…
I had to make the best move possible.

Repeat Pre-Chorus

Chorus #2:
An innocent little accident
To my worst enemy
Can be my very best friend.
But, I feel I have only motivated
You to take revenge against me,
And the same old thing keeps continuing,
It keeps going, the pressure never stops,
The pain never comes to an end!

Ohh,
It fills me with such regret,
A feeling of melancholy
When I think of how it could have been,
And how you cast me out of your life.

Sad days when you think of how we used to be friends,
And how we insist on hurting each other now.
It’s sad days when you feel it’s spiraling out of control,
And you just can’t stop yourself from sinking your teeth in.

I think back to the days when we would walk together in the sun,
And, even when our life’s were depressing as hell,
We at least had the comfort of each other’s friendship
To keep us more balanced in life.

Now, you and me have nothing,
There’s nothing left we can give each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment