Thursday, June 14, 2012

Below Freezing


Below Freezing
December 24th-December 25th, 2007
Something a little bit different this time. :)

Chorus:
The snow keeps coming down,
And the ice haunts me in the streets,
But I keep moving forward
Into the future.
The temperature drops below freezing
And everyone stays inside,
But I keep moving forward,
Towards the finish line.

Verse 1
After I moved from Mom’s house,
I’ve given dating a rest
And focused more on me.

I’ve got my own life now
Got my own responsibilities now.
It feels so good to have freedom
After down-spiraling for so long.

Chorus

Verse 2
I’ve lived with so many
Family members that
It’s sickening to see that
I haven’t gotten
Much back in return.

I’ve gotten so much trauma,
Just for putting up with you guys.
I walked away from all this
And have resurged along the way.

Chorus

Bridge
I no longer have to worry much
About what my siblings
Think of all my sexual partners.
No longer do I have to worry about
My boy-friend coming home
And introducing himself to my mom.

Because, I am free.
Thank You God, I am free.

No comments:

Post a Comment