Monday, April 9, 2012

Bruised


Bruised
October 23rd, 2006-November 4th, 2006
An older poem I wrote about a variety
of subjects lol. 

Taking a look at my life
Up to this point.
I’ve been just kind of crawling along
At my own pace, my own rate.
The challenges that lie ahead for me are enormous,
I know I’ll make it through,
I just don’t know how bruised I’ll become
On my long journey there.
Although I’ve never thought much about it,
I’m growing wary of what the future may hold,
Beyond my present day fortunes,
Lies a room-full of torture.
Into the night I go
Only to come back empty
Time after time.
From the place I call home,
And onto the sidewalks I collapse on
And into the arms of another stranger
Only to be left alone on my very own porch.
Why won’t anybody talk to me?
Why won’t anyone help me off the ground?
I’m BRUISED!
Can’t you hear me calling your name?

Here I go,
Off for another day at work.
The boys, they all stare at me,
The girls they all feel sorry for me.
How I wish I could’ve changed my actions of the past.
How I wish they could see the beautiful man I really am.
But I guess it’s really my fault
Cause I never show the world what I‘m feeling.
I always act like I’m tough on the outside,
But I’m erratic on the inside.
I’m a warrior and I’m strong
And, I’ve carried myself all the way.
But, at the same time,
I’m dramatic, emotional and I need more friends.
 Beyond my present-day fortunes,
Lies an ear-full of torture.
Into the night I go,
Only to come back empty.
From the place I call home,
And onto the streets I collapse on.
And into the arms of another stranger.
Only to be left on my very own porch.
Why won’t anybody talk to me?
Why won’t anybody help me off the ground?
I’m so bruised,
Can’t you see me reaching for your hand?

I’m down, down, down on the ground,
But nobody can hear a sound.
Why won’t you help me out?
Why can’t you hear me shout?
I need a friend,
I need a place to stay.
I need a blanket,
Cause it’s so cold and wet
On this empty street.
Why don’t you wrap me up and
Carry me home?


Riding in your big, black Honda Accord,
I blink, as the city lights come across my eyes.
Our relationship has been a rocky one,
But that’s all but forgotten when
We’re spending time together.
You pull up to my driveway
And put your hand on my knee.
I smile, look into your eyes
And give you a hug & kiss goodbye.
That was the last night I saw you.
That was the last night I kissed you.
Nowadays, I just spend my time dreaming…
Dreaming of our days spent together.
I know deep inside you’re not coming back,
But,  I just have to keep my head up
And someday I will find the one for me.

Beyond my present day mis-fortune
Lies a world full of opportunity.
Into the night I go…
I’ve come up empty again.
Into the place I call home…
And away from the streets I collapsed on,
And away from the strangers I fell in love with,
And onto my very own porch.

I’m home at last,
Home, sweet, home…

No comments:

Post a Comment