Sunday, August 5, 2012

Escape


Escape
January 24th-January 25th, 2009


1
I had to fight for the dreams I believed in,
I had to battle just to live the way I wanted.
With all the things that I went through,
It seems I’m better off without you.

2
You thought you could just use and re-use me
But I found a way to break free.
I never looked back and I never regretted
The day that I left you in the dust.

Today, I’m feeling down
About my lack of social life,
But I refuse to cave in,
And I refuse to settle for less.

Today, I’m a little depressed
Cause the snow has me trapped inside.
But, I won’t cry my eyes out,
I know, I’ll be back in the spring.

I have so many things going good for me
That I won’t focus too much on the negative.
As long as I have a pen and a paper,
Then I know I can do constructive things
In this world.

Repeat 1
Repeat 2

My dating life may not be off to it’s best start this year,
But I know there will come a time
Where I get to go on a roll
And not have to worry about disappointment.

I may not have been in school lately,
But I’m going to school tomorrow
And I believe I will do just fine,
As long as I block out every negative thing you told me.

I have so many things going good for me
That I won’t focus too much on the negative.
As long as I have a pen and a paper,
Then I know I can do constructive things
For this world.

Repeat 1
Repeat 2


I bet you can’t believe I pulled it off,
I bet you won’t believe it…
When I’m…making more money than you.

No comments:

Post a Comment