Thursday, March 21, 2013

Without You



Without You
09/11/2011


I’ve been sort of dragging myself through life this year,
Nothing much makes sense; it seems one test just leads
To another test that I must pass.
From the hospitalization to a new career I must survive,
From trying to date once more,
To striving to become more popular in Utah County.
Sometimes, it seems I’ve taken on far too much.
You know I could never live without your touch,
You left me without a word to my face,
And, I can’t find my way out of this place,
Unless, you’re over-protecting me.

Work is a curse; you know I know that,
After spending 17 of 21 months looking for work,
And, then finding an annoying Job once again,
You would think I would’ve given up,
But, I keep on pushing myself day after day.
I have my future plans, but that will take time to transpire,
And, my story may not inspire,
But, I’m one that’s still alive doing well putting my life together,
And hopefully finding the right the job eventually,
I know it will come true with perseverance
Sometimes, it seems I’ve taken on far too much,
You know I could never live without your touch.
You left me without a word to my face,
And, I can’t find my way out of this place,
Unless you’re over-protecting me!

I have never been good at making friends, especially at work,
I walk around like I’m the only soul on the planet, But the truth is,
I’m lonely, and I need someone to hold me all through the night,
This turbulent world doesn’t give me much of a break,
Doesn’t give me many places to hide from the war,
The war, this government has waged against our generation.
Sometimes, it seems we’ve taken on far too much.
You know we could never live without your touch,
You left us behind without a word to our faces,
And, we can’t find a way out of this maze,
Unless, you’re over-protecting us men.

I’m clearly not the same person since I moved down here,
I have a lot of drive, and a whole lot of fear.
That’s what keeps us gentlemen going in life,
We fight, and we complain, and we strive                                                    
To be the best of the best,
But, it doesn’t mean we’re invisible,
We feel the pain most of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment