Friday, September 21, 2012

The Tragedy Part II



The Tragedy Part II
July 31st-August 5th, 2009
This is the conclusion to the true story. ;)


My barefoot has hit the soil
Of the outside world again.
I feel the fresh breeze over my face,
This is the first air I’ve been
Able to breathe in ten long years.

I walk down the streets
I use to walk down,
The places I use to commit crime.
I go to the houses of my ex-girlfriends,
The places where you & I
Used to make love.
It all seems so far away now.

I’ve been given a second chance,
I’ve gotten myself a golden opportunity
To make something of my life
Before it’s too late.
I’ve been given a second chance,
And I pray to God I won’t lose it.

I remember the days of old when
I use to hold you’re hand
Walking through this  park.
The birds were singing up in the trees
And the sun was shining on your face.
That was the last day
We were together,
And, now all I have is regret.
Regret over losing you.

I’m in the outside world finally
My foot has reached soil again,
And I feel the air of opportunity around me.
I’ll do whatever it takes
To avoid the mistakes of the past.

I’m not looking to start a fire,
Not looking to arouse my anger,
I’m only looking to the stars tonight,
To a life where I can be myself,
My existence will be one of promise
And not of disappointment.

My mind may be in the shambles now
That my girlfriend is long gone.
Most of my family has moved away,
So it’s just me and God.
Here to conquer this land.
I have a mission to show
The youth of society
That a life filled with crime
And without respect is not worth it
And you’ll pay the price in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment