Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Tragedy Part I



The Tragedy Part I
July 10th-July 13th, 2009
Influenced by: A man who changed his life around.
This is part one of a two-part story.

Chorus:
Behind a jail cell,
I wait for the day,
The day I get freedom,
The day I get a chance.
Every night, I fill my routine
With prayers.
Prayers that will hopefully
Be answered someday.

The sun was shining so brightly
The day I destroyed my opportunity.
The way my lady lost control,
The way my child looked at me
With the saddest eyes.

Pre-Chorus:
This tragedy which I caused
Can never be un-done.
I know the lives I affected,
I know the damage I have done,
If I could give them back their peace,
Trust me, I would.

Behind a jail cell…

Chorus

The handcuffs hurt so bad,
Especially when you have guilt on you’re conscious.
Cursed are my days now
As I look forward to spending
An eternity rotting in this hell.

Pre-Chorus
Chorus

Bridge
After spending years in isolation,
I’ve written tons of poetry
About the days we’ll be together again.
Every moment I’ve been without you
Is another moment I spend in pain.

Oh god, give me back my baby…

Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment