Thursday, September 27, 2012

Three Years



Three Years
05/25/2009-06/10/2009
For Kenny.


We like to go slow,
It is like our philosophy.
We never took it fast,
We never rushed a thing,
And after so much time spent together,
I feel I found a brother, a partner, a lover.

Over 3 years ago, I remember standing out in the cold,
Waiting for you to answer the door for the first time.
And, when you did, it was the most beautiful smile,
The most beautiful personality I’d ever seen.

Through all the triumphs and failures we’ve experienced
Along the way, you have not only watched me grow up,
But you have been partly responsible for me maturing
Into the dynamic man I have become.

We may have our similar tastes, but for the most part
We are different.
We are both inspired by each other,
And that helps keep us strong.
In a world full of lies,
Everybody needs a shoulder they can rest their head on.

Every night I know there is one man I can call
When I’m not in the best mood,
Or when I need to get something off my chest.
And every night I can dream when I can walk down the aisle with you
Because I know no other man is right for me.
And, we can be the ultimate couple other gay people  can look up to.

Baby, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment