Friday, February 22, 2013

Mile After Mile



Mile After Mile
12/25/2011


I see foot-steps in the dirt and mud,
Reminding me of the work I’ve put in.
Time after time, in this life of mine,
I’ve walked alone.
I don’t ask another soul for help.
I don’t feel sorry for myself.
I just continue being strong…
Walking alone.

Pre-Chorus:
There was a time when I would ask for help,
But, I felt like I put way too much effort,
And came off as being too desperate and co-dependent.
So, I began to walk alone in this desert,
I learned how to keep myself hydrated,
And I knew I would reach my destination eventually.

Chorus:
Every once in a while I’ll take a break,
So I can rest my knees, and think about this life…
Think about why it’s treated me so unfairly,
But, eventually, I conclude it doesn’t matter,
And I continue my journey mile after mile,
Alone, I’m always walking alone…

The sunshine comes across my face,
As the day is beginning to fade,
Soon the wolves will howl at the moon,
And I know it will be evening time.
As I walk along,
I notice I have developed a farmer’s tan,
Right around my ankles,
From wearing shorts on these walks,
And cruising in the summer-time.

As I came down through the city of American Fork,
I feel both accomplished and relived
That I’m about to reach my door-step.
The pain in my legs is from my knees to my hips,
But, I don’t stop, no, I never stop until victory is mine.
I walk alone.

Pre-Chorus
Chorus  (x2)

That night, I dreamt a magnificent dream,
Where my walks alone gave me acclaim and respect,
Of at least one soul, and he, would never leave my side,
And he would put his arm around me for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment