Friday, February 15, 2013

Liberation



Liberation
01/09/2012-02/16/2012
Dedicated to: Harrison Archibald

It’s too bad, our paths couldn’t have met at another time,
A time when I was weaker, and needing a friend,
But, when it came time for me to rise again,
You were the one that inspired me
To let the past go, and live once again!
I guess this is my way of saying thank you!

You inspired me, to go above and beyond,
To reach for the sky and never look back,
To look inside and find the passion of my soul,
To find the love for myself, that I denied myself for ages…
And then only then, could I find another soul…
Capable of loving me…
And the story goes like this.                                                                                                                                   

I’ve had a lot of grief in my life,
Pain and discomfort had enveloped me…
I was crawling to every destination,
Ignoring every opportunity that came my way.

I did the same thing every day, every way,
I stayed stuck at a job I was never going to excel at,
Taking the same bus every single day,
Until you allowed me to see,
The way it could be,
Once I make room for liberation.

Before, I would just whine about my situation,
But eventually, I found the strength to move on,
Just a simple meditation every night,
And a couple phenomenal friendships
And I was able to function so much better,
Than I had before.

It led me to find happiness and success in life,
It led me to finish this book of poetry,
And it led me to find the man of my dreams! J

And, Harrison, I love you for showing me this,
We’ve never met before,
 But I followed your advice and philosophies,
And Now I am liberated for all time!

Thank You!arrH

No comments:

Post a Comment